Friday, August 12, 2016

Casual Friday: Ep. 1

After much deliberation, I've decided that Friday is going to be my new brain-dump day. It just seems appropriate.

+ I saw an article yesterday called "How to Make Ice Cream Sandwiches." I didn't know one could actually write an entire post about something like that. Here's my abridged version:

Scoop ice cream onto a cookie. Smash down with another cookie. Roll sides in sprinkles, chocolate chips, graham cracker crumbs, etc. Re-freeze. If you couldn't figure that out on your own...let's chat.


+ Have you heard the rumor that the new iPhone 7 might not have a headphone jack; that you'll either have to use Bluetooth headphones or possibly buy an adapter that fits into the power port? I'm not sure how I feel about this.


+ I don't understand the Boomerang app that people are using to post to Instagram...is it even an app? Does anyone really find it enjoyable to watch the same jerky movement over and over?


+ I need a new laptop sometime in the semi-near future. I'm tempted to return to the world of Windows because Macs can just be a huge pain in the butt. The main concern at the moment is that I'd have to repurchase Photoshop and Illustrator, or keep my Macbook just so I can use those two programs.


+ Is it too early to start thinking about Christmas? I'm gonna go with no. Only 134 days, people!

5 comments:

  1. What the heck is with the lack of headphone jack? Why would that happen? I use it constantly.

    I HATE Boomerang. I cringe everything I scroll past one of those jerky videos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Apparently people do need recipes for ice cream sandwiches because I never thought to took the sides in anything. I've been doing life so wrong! Good thing I learned the error of my ways because I'm planning on making birthday ice cream sandwiches next. Crisis of mediocrity averted!

    I like clever Boomarangs. Like, "Hey, your kid is dancing SO LONG. Cool moves, kid!" I do not need to see you consistently sipping coffee.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ROLL, autocorrect. Sort yourself out.

      Delete
  3. I love my Mac. I'd rescue dogs, box of important documents, and my Mac if I had to evacuate.

    This is why I stopped even the premise of food-blogging. It's turned ridiculous. It's either Pinterest-style easy stuff no one needs a recipe for, or it's so complicated that I'd have no desire to attempt it.

    I'm pulling out the fall decor probably next weekend. I'm about to switch out to my fall handsoaps too. I love doing that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You could write a cookbook with those ice cream sandwich directions! :)

    ReplyDelete