Thursday, December 15, 2016

Annual Christmas Project: 2016

If you've been following my blog(s) for the last few years, you know that every year I try and share a fun Christmas-y DIY project/craft.

One year it was a pinecone garland that had the word "MERRY" on it in wooden letters:


Another year was a tabletop Christmas tree made out of glass ball ornaments:



And the year before last were ornaments I made to look like balls of yarn (admittedly, they didn't turn out quite as well as I had imagined):



Last year I was on a blogging break, so there's nothing to show from that time period, but if I had still been clogging up the internets I'm sure I would have come up with something to share.

I have to say, this year may be my most epic DIY project yet. I posted a sneak peek (not sneak peak and not sneek peek) a few weeks ago on Instagram:



I don't have a supply list or detailed, step-by-step instructions to give you this year (you're welcome), but I wanted to share the final results anyway. Or is it a work in progress?

Merry Christmas, everyone!


P.S. My apologies to anyone who had their hopes up for a "real" DIY project they could copy. I mean, feel free to copy this, but I'm not responsible for how it turns out...

10 comments:

  1. THIS IS PERFECT AND I LOVE IT. and YAY! But you've heard me say that enough lately :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh!!!! CONGRATULATIONS! How exciting!!! And what a fun announcement!!


    And I'm sorry for all of the exclamation points!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super fun! And adorable card!
    I don't know that I've seen this anywhere, truth be told. Bonus points for creativity!
    Or rather, maybe I've seen the frame, but not the "light bulbs" and all.

    Side note: loooove your new blog header.

    ReplyDelete
  4. YES!!!!!!!! I am over the moon for you guys! You are going to be wonderful parents.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! We're a smidge excited ;)

      Delete
  5. Yay! I'm so excited for you guys! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH MY GOSH!! I'm so happy for you!! Please blog all your thoughts because I know they'll be good and not "today I'm going to review diaper ointment."

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness! I'm super excited for you both! It seems like May and June are exploding with babies in my circles. Woo! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations!! Oh, I'm so glad for you guys! What an amazing blessing!

    ReplyDelete