Thursday, September 15, 2016

Stuff and Things: The Second One

The only reason I like Thursday is because it's only one day removed from Friday, which is only one day removed from the weekend. You feel me?

+ For years, I have had this issue where nail polish makes my nails split and peel for weeks after I take the polish off. Yes, I have tried a thousand different base coats, cuticle oils, nail serums...you name it, I've probably tried it or something like it. I don't get it...my nails are generally really healthy and grow pretty fast but the minute I paint them, all hell breaks loose. I've even tried using nail polish strips like these and they do the same thing. I haven't tried Jamberry yet, does anyone know if those strips are made out of real nail polish or not? I couldn't find the answer to that question on their website. Better yet, does anyone sell Jamberry that could send me a sample to try before I waste money on yet another nail polish-esque item that doesn't work for me?

+ I made this quiche for dinner last night. It was delicious, if I do say so myself. I did add mushrooms along with the roasted red peppers and broccoli, and swapped out fresh rosemary instead of chives. It was pretty simple, especially for having a homemade crust. I made it in my tart pan, which made it easy to cut and serve. They suggest an 11" pan but I only have a 9", and it was fine, I just had a little bit of egg mixture leftover that wouldn't fit. I didn't change any of the other measurements.

+ I can't decide if it's funny or irritating when a client tells me they don't owe a bill because it's "a year late", even after I've sent no less than FOUR past due statements. Sounds like a convenient excuse to me. In what world do you not owe for services you've utilized just because a year has passed? I'm going to start ignoring bills from the doctor and wait until a year has gone by and then tell them I refuse to pay because it's been a year since I was in the office. Eye roll.

+ Why does Anthropologie have to be so expensive?? Their new fall home collection is absolutely to die for, but I don't have tens of thousands of dollars just laying around to redecorate with. Looks like there may be some DIYs in my future.

+ I'm in the middle of my annual autumn slump. While everyone else in the country is rejoicing over cooler temperatures, pumpkin everything and a closet full of sweaters they haven't gotten to wear in six months, I'm over here mourning the summer we never had. I just can't get excited about flannel sheets and boots and fall scented candles yet. Give me until about mid-October, then I'll be ready. Ready to start busting out Christmas music and pinning cookie recipes, that is.

+ In case you were wondering.



Linking up with Kristin and Joey for Stuff & Things!

4 comments:

  1. I love autumn, but I'm not ready for sweaters or coats and I don't like anything pumpkin flavored. What I am ready for are some cooler days; it's been ridiculously hot where I live for the past 6-7 weeks. I'm tired of weather in the 90s and am looking forward to temps in the 70s and low 80s. Oh, and I am looking forward to the reappearance of Honeycrisp apples. Hang in there. If your autumn is anything like mine where I live, it will be over and done before you know it and Christmas will be here.

    Have a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE autumn. Love it. It's going to be in the 80s next week though, so my new boots must keep waiting.
    I felt that way in Alaska too. There was no-to-little summer and then snow/rain/mud. Now I'm wishing for that...
    I think I have one mug from Anthro and it was a gift. I've never been in one.
    I've never made quiche. Is it good leftover?

    ReplyDelete
  3. That quick looks so good! Making it.

    I adore Anthropologie but I can't even let myself look at the website. It's the biggest rip-off! I can't stomach buying another other than a coffee mug from them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anthropologie is somewhere I would like to be buried. Or just be put in an urn from there. I've only been once, but I bought knobs for our nightstands. I felt so stylish.

    I've got some Jamberry wraps and they're just stickers, not nail polish. My nails are wimps, too, and I imagine if I removed the wraps properly instead of just peeling them off when I'm bored they'd be easy on my nails. I've only used them a couple times because they're a little labor intensive and I'm lazy, plus my nails grow like crazy when I'm pregnant, but I've got lots. I'll send you some to try.

    I'm already excited for Christmas. It's going to be our first one home and The only thing I'm sad about is no rum balls and no amaretto while I decorate the tree.

    ReplyDelete