Wednesday, May 10, 2017

Things I no longer take for granted

+ Being able to bend over to put on socks/tie my shoes without essentially suffocating myself.

+ Not involuntarily grunting when getting up out of a chair/off the couch/out of bed/off the toilet/out of the car.

+ The ability to climb the stairs in our home without my heart racing like I just ran a mile.

+ Not taking a full minute to roll over in bed, attempting to get comfortable again, and then laying there for a good ten minutes trying to fall back asleep.



+ Standing up after sitting for longer than five minutes without my tailbone feeling like it's going to crack in half.

+ Being able to eat without all my food feeling like it's sitting in my chest...and then forcing its way back up my throat for a good hour afterward whenever I burp.

+ Not needing Tums on me at. all. times. always.

*YOUR


+ Being able to pop an Aspirin or three whenever I get a headache.

+ Sleeping more than one hour at a time.

+ Zipping up my jackets/buttoning up my shirts.

+ The ability to reach into the bottom of the washing machine for wet clothes.



On a lighter note...6 1/2 weeks to go until this kid's due date, and while I'm under no delusion that I'll miraculously be less tired, I am definitely looking forward to being able to bend all the way over and sleep on my stomach again. I also just ordered a pair of harem/jogger type pants with a stretchy waistband and, thanks to the encouragement of my husband, I now fully intend on figuring out how to wear them to work without looking like a complete slob.



God bless him.

9 comments:

  1. I remember each and every one of these things. Rolling over in bed was THE WORST. So much pain and discomfort. I felt like my hips were going to crack every time.

    GO ISAIAH! That is a good man. When I lived in NC, a woman at my church went to the store in yoga pants 9 months pregnant (she's skinny and can pull it off, plus they were modest). Her husband told her she needs to look decent when she goes out, (he's not a misogynist d bag like it sounds, he's just part of that southern mentality that says never leave the house without nice clothes and lipstick). She put it on FB to see how other people felt about it, and to this day I can't get over the fact that he told his 9 month pregnant wife what she can and cannot wear. It was a miracle I was even putting clothes on by that point.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness yes to all of these especially rolling over in bed. It felt like an olympic sport and I always felt like I was going to launch Kyle out of the bed haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, no joke. Isaiah has always been the restless one waking ME up but now it's my turn!

      Delete
  3. Hey, you can still pop a Tylenol, right?? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't have trouble sleeping but my tailbone causes me so much pain at work. It's bad. Darn you, desk chair!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah, you're husband is so sweet. I wore those silky jogger pants all through my last pregnancy, and you can totally dress them up for work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes to joggers! Where did you find them? That last month of pregnancy is a crap shoot. Very little fits anymore. If it fits, it's decent enough.

    Parker used to grunt every time he bent over or stood up. I wonder where he learned that from?

    I remember being really hungry while pregnant then after two bites the baby would move and I was too full to function.

    The best non-baby part of not being pregnant anymore is being able to lay down and stretch out comfortably. It's second only to the baby.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh man...trying to get comfortable in bed was SO HARD! I had so many freaking pillows piled around me there was hardly any room left for Justin.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aw! You are too cute! I am sure you will have a brand new perspective on your body once it stops housing that baby- both the things you took for granted beforehand and how amazingly your body was able accomplish such a feat!
    You are almost there, dear friend!

    ReplyDelete