Friday, May 19, 2017

Things I Like #2

These Simple makeup remover/facial wipes are inexpensive and work really well. They're not super soaking wet, but they're not too dry, either. I don't tend to wear a ton of makeup, so I rarely actually wash my face before bed (I know, I know). Instead, I use these...one side to remove all my eye makeup and the other side to clean off my skin.

We recently bought this faux fur ottoman (in the color "wolf") to put in the baby's room, but you definitely don't have to have a baby to appreciate them. They're on sale right now, they're nice and heavy and they're soft as all heck.

I'm normally a diehard Madewell t-shirt lover, and frankly I honestly cannot wait to be able to fit into my old t-shirts again. In the meantime, though, these Target ones are a nice substitute. They're really soft and really flowy, and I bought a size larger than I would normally wear so I can fit into them now and they'll (hopefully) also disguise my stomach for a while after I poop this baby out. For reference, I bought them in medium and I'm 8 months pregnant and they fit my belly, so that should tell you how flowy they are. Size down if you hate oversized stuff. They're also 8 bucks, so I mean...

For the life of me I can't figure out the negative reviews, because I have this Essence blush in the color Heat Wave and I absolutely love it. It looks intimidatingly bright in the pan, but if you're careful with your application, it's the perfect shade of coral/hot pink. Nice and summery, and it lasts on my skin all day, which I always appreciate whether a blush is five bucks or twenty.

If you're into brow pencils, you really can't beat this micro brow pencil from Nyx. I've purchased and repurchased (and repurchased) this pencil for a couple of years now, and I have yet to find anything I like better that even comes close to the price. It's creamy enough to glide on smoothly, but not so creamy that it rubs off on your face/fingers if you touch your eyebrows (and you can set it with a brow powder if you're that worried about it). The pencil tip is really thin and in my opinion, they're pretty comparable to the Anastasia Brow Wiz pencils everyone raves about - except those will run you $21.00 per pencil. If you decide to try the Nyx pencil, keep an eye on Ulta prices. They regularly have sales on Nyx products, buy one get one half off.

Finally, a well-deserved shoutout to a small Etsy business called Love, Amalie Maren. I ordered this set of three baby headbands recently, and they are adorable. She has a ton of colors and patterns you can choose from and you can buy them as singles or in sets of three. If you're not super into baby bows and are more into wraps/turbans, check them out. There are adult sizes, too!

Don't worry, none of these links are sponsored - I don't play like that. They're just things I like, therefore you probably need to know about them.

9 comments:

  1. I'm going to have to check out that brow pencil. My eyebrows are so light they are almost non existent 😂 I don't even pluck them 😬😜. My eyebrow hairs are light and thin so it's hard to see them and once I do, they are too thin to grab them with my tweezers 😂

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those makeup remover wipes are my favorite! I buy them in bulk because I like them so much haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ditto!! I always buy the 2-pack on Amazon, they're the cheapest (for me) that way! I've tried a ton of others and I just keep coming back to these.

      Delete
  3. I rarely wear makeup on a typical day, so I tend to not wash my face at night either. Oops.

    Do you have problems with your Madewell shirts getting holes? Every one I've ever bought gets a hole somewhere within 1-2 wears. I've had to stop wearing their tees which makes me so sad.

    I have some money burning a hole in my pocket, so I think I'm going to try going to Ulta. I need some serious makeup help.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those headbands are so cute. I don't know if I'll ever get over the fact that R refuses to wear headbands and bows. Although it's better for my wallet, so bright side?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for the brow pencil suggestion. I have to color mine in. They have been thin for a few years. I was looking for an easy-to-use pencil.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw such lovely things! I would love to try the brow pencil and I am the same with face cleaning haha! I always miss a day when I don't clean my face (if I'm not wearing foundation) as it gets irritated if I cleanse it too often :D I use warm water, leave for a day and then exfoliate ever so gentle the next. Your blog is beautiful, I love it! :D xx

    elizabeth ♡ ”Ice Cream” whispers Clara
    (lets follow each other on bloglovin or instagram)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely highly recommend the brow pencil! I even got my mom and grandma to start using it. Thanks for visiting and commenting!! :)

      Delete
  7. I normally just use a washcloth to take off my makeup and eye makeup remover for my eye makeup. I should probably grow up and use something like that for the rest of my face. Sometimes I use baby wipes, though, and they're pretty effective. I'm so classy.

    I like your typo in the paragraph about Target shirts. I got the giggles.

    ReplyDelete