Friday, May 26, 2017

Life Lately #9


Are you even pregnant if you don't take your selfie in the work bathroom
at the most unflattering angle possible?

Reading: Simply Clean: The Proven Method for Keeping Your Home Organized, Clean, and Beautiful in Just 10 Minutes a Day. It's not that I don't know how to clean. I know how to clean. I just don't know how to keep a good cleaning schedule, and before I know it, things like the bathroom floors haven't been mopped in three months and the living room rug hasn't been vacuumed in just as long. It sounds like we live in a pig sty...we don't, I just forget to clean things until they look dirty. We're really good at keeping clutter to a minimum, but actually busting out the cleaning supplies and rags is another story. I need to be better, especially since I won't be able to blame my lack of motivation on a full time job in the near future. These is my confessions!

Watching: Well, we just finished binging season 3 of Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt (she alive, dammit!), and I just noticed that Netflix added the new season of Sherlock, so that's probably next on the list. Other than that, I'm open to Netflix suggestions.

Listening to: The new Linkin Park and Blink 182 albums. Hello, high school/college flashbacks. I'm actually enjoying both, though - LP in particular sounds less angry on this album than in the past and I can't say I hate it, since I'm not an angsty 18 year old anymore. 

Wearing: Well, I'm down to rotating through the same five or six maternity t-shirts and just wearing them with various cardigans and button-up shirts (not buttoned, clearly) for some variation. I'd love something new at this point but I'm basically refusing to buy anything since I only have a month left, and I'd rather save my money for some new non-maternity clothes this fall. 

Eating: A LOT of berries. I still hesitate to really call anything a craving, because it's not like I'll die if I can't get ahold of some strawberries, but anything with berries or lemons just tastes amazing lately. On the same note, have you ever eaten frozen blueberries just as a snack? Holy delicious.

Loving: That this baby is moving so much that I haven't even had to bother doing kick counts. 10 movements in 2 hours? More like 10 movements in 2 minutes, all freaking day long. Her favorite thing is to punch/elbow me in the left hip while simultaneously jamming her feet up under my right rib. I'm honestly starting to wonder if she's even going to like being swaddled, because she sure likes to stretch out in there as much as possible.

Not Loving: Slightly not loving that she's moving SO much. I love having the peace of mind that she's alive and healthy, but after hours on end of almost constant movement, I just want her to take a nap because I start getting nauseated and really uncomfortable. My organs need a break sometimes!

Annoyed with: People who keep insisting on using the word "literally" when they apparently have no idea what it means. I heard someone say they "literally died" the other day when something happened to them. Really?? Did you literally, actually, physically die?? Are we speaking with a ghost right now?? That, and people who use the slang phrase "Netflix and chill" to mean they actually watched Netflix and ate junk food or whatever. That's not what it means, and now I'm just confused by how you actually spent your Friday night. If you actually watched Netflix and ate snacks, say so. If you mean it the other way, that's gross, and I don't need or want to know that much about your personal life.

Wanting: Nursing bras that actually fit properly. Why do they all fit so weird!? I ordered a set from Amazon and they sucked so bad I sent them back the very next day. Then I ordered a sports bra, two sleeping bras and two regular bras from Motherhood Maternity (which took 3 1/2 weeks to arrive, omg I hate UPS SurePost). The regular bras are just okay, we'll see how they fit when I actually need them. The sleeping bras are fine, they are what they are. The sports bra...oh my hell. I don't think they ever tried that thing on an actual person. Back it went and I'm hoping the two regular bras end up working because by the time I can test them out it'll probably be too late to send them back.

Laughing at: 


35 Humor Quotes about work #work humor #funny

Two more weeks...Lord, beer me strength.

Feeling: Very frustrated with family members who tell, don't ask. My mom was supposed to come visit us and the new baby over 4th of July weekend, and then come visit again for a whole week in August while Isaiah has to be out of town for a work training. She had previously invited my aunt, who lives in Michigan, to come visit her for a long Memorial Day weekend. Next thing I know, I'm learning that my aunt has not asked, but has informed my mother that she will be coming for two full weeks, not a long weekend. My mom has limited PTO at her job, which means her 4th of July trip to Alaska is now cancelled and she's not sure exactly when or for how long she can come in August.

Hoping: That the last month of pregnancy flies by. That this girl decides to come on time or a few days early. That when I walk out of the building on my last day of work, I don't immediately start getting frantic phone calls asking me questions because they can't figure something out. 

Anticipating: This three day weekend. I need it, and badly.

5 comments:

  1. You look SO CUTE. I cannot believe you only have a month left! I'm so pumped for you.

    I never really found nursing bras I love. I tried on dozens that were so uncomfortable. I found a few at Motherhood Maternity. They had zero support but were comfortable enough. I don't think the designers of nursing bras have ever actually had a baby.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never found great nursing bras, but the Giligan and O'Malley from Target wasn't bad. I ended up wearing nursing camis most of the time.

    I hope you'll have some weeks of good rest before the baby comes. You deserve after working for so long.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You'll have to let me know if the cleaning book is worth it! I need more organization for that kind of stuff too.

    Is season 3 of Kimmy good? We LOVED season 1 but didn't feel like season 2 was as good. We still plan on watching the third though.

    I LOVE berries. I have never tried them frozen before- with the exception of smoothie bowls. Have you ever tried that? You blend a frozen banana (I chop them up before freezing them), half a cup of almond (or whatever type of) milk, and frozen berries. I also like to add coconut flakes 😍 And then top it off with more berries and coconut or whatever toppings your little heart desires (you can add nuts and chia, etc) 👍🏻

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Keepers and Riverdale. That's what I'm watching this weekend. I didn't like Sherlock very much.

    That sucks that your mom can't come visit now. What a waste because I know you've had this planned for awhile!

    I love strawberries. I'm not a blueberry fan but raspberries and blackberries are good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Belly!!!

    I second Riverdale. Also, Jane the Virgin (you've probably been told that before), and I'm currently watching 13 Reasons Why. I'm enjoying it but have mixed feelings.

    Bravado nursing bras are the best! I swore I wasn't going to get any nursing bras this time, but I now have three and I LOVE them. They have some without underwire that a bunch of my friends swear by, and they're even attractive. The bras, specifically. Some of their stuff is really ugly, too, but it's a nursing bra so sexiness is low on the priority scale.

    Parker loves frozen blueberries. I have to cut him off each day because I can only handle so much blueberry poop.

    Enjoy your last month of freedom! I hope it flies by, but also that you get to do the literal version of Netflix and chill. If chill literally meant relax, not be cold. But you're pregnant so maybe being cold would be nice.

    ReplyDelete