Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Life Lately #8

Reading: I just downloaded a book called The Illusionist's Apprentice by Kristy Cambron. I read a review of this book on Callie's blog and thought it sounded right up my alley! I haven't started it just yet but if you follow me on Goodreads, you'll be able to see what I rate it when I'm finished with it.

Watching: OH MY GOODNESS did you know that there are three seasons of a show called The Great British Baking Show: Master Class on Netflix!? Apparently Mary Berry and Paul Hollywood talk about baking techniques and such?? Maybe? I haven't started it yet so I'm not entirely sure but put "British" and "Baking" in the same sentence and I am all about it.

Listening to: Nothing at the moment. I've been in kind of a music rut lately.

Wearing: An ever-dwindling supply of maternity clothes that actually fit. 8 more weeks...8 more weeks...8 more weeks...

Eating: Breaking all the rules and eating a cold turkey lunchmeat sandwich. Potential listeria never tasted better.

Loving: Iced tea and lemonade. If you have never tried the Crystal Light Pure packets, you need to. I make the lemonade ones in a big water bottle with a couple of slices of lemon for some extra tang, and let's just say I'm now getting more than enough water every day!

Not Loving: Being busy. I have various social events being forced upon me at least once a week between now and June, and I'm already getting a stress headache from having to be around people so much. Hashtag introvert problems. Add to that the fact that I'm done with my job in 6 weeks and people (not me) are panicking that I'm leaving, I'm getting increasingly uncomfortable by the day, I'm not sleeping well anymore, and I'm ready to put myself on bed rest just so I can avoid everyone and everything.

:

Annoyed with: People who use my office when I'm out sick for one day and don't leave it like they found it. Papers re-stacked in different places than I left them, pens randomly left all over my desk, my computer tower turned and left all askew with a USB drive still in there, a chair close to my desk pulled out and left at an awkward angle...RESPECT THE SPACE, PEOPLE. I'm a little OCD about keeping my office tidy and leaving it extra neat over the weekend so I have a nice clean area to come back to on a Monday morning, so when I'm out sick on a Monday and come back to any semblance of chaos on a Tuesday, I am not a happy camper.

Wanting: This water bottle (white, please!). It's a great brand with excellent reviews on every website I've looked at, but WHY does a water bottle have to be $45? I'm tempted to ask for it for my birthday anyway. New water bottles make me happy and I have a feeling I'm going to need something to cheer me up when I'm up and down 18 billion times a night feeding a hungry baby.

Needing: Recommendations for postpartum yoga pants. I don't want anything too tight (no leggings!) because I plan on wearing them in and home from the hospital, and I want a dark color because...well, light colors in that type of setting under those circumstances make me nervous. I also don't want them to look TOO much like pajamas. I almost pulled the trigger on these but I just can't decide if they look too much like pajamas or if they'd look fine with a hoodie and Nikes, too.

Hoping: That the trees and plants start budding and blooming around here soon! I have a bit of a botanical-themed art project planned for baby girl's room that ties in with her name, but the exact plant that I need to start growing is still dead from our extended winter, and I'm getting impatient. 

10 comments:

  1. I need to watch that Master Class show!!! I'm devastated that I've watched all the GBBS on Netflix. There's a void.

    I went through a major crystal light phase while pregnant. I'd never had it before and I've never had it since. The raspberry lemonade was my favorite. We had them for free at work. Danger.

    I have two hydroflasks (one for coffee and one for water) and I LOVE them. I use my water one every day. Crazy expensive (mine were Christmas gifts!) but so worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Great British Baking Show! I had to quit watching for a while with my queasiness, but I want to get back to it. The whole show cracks me up! If you don't like cake in Britain, you must just be out of luck. EVERYTHING is cake! Oh, yay, you'll have to tell me what you think of The Illusionist's Apprentice! I enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to watch the Master Class show!

    When I was pregnant ALLLLLLLL I wanted was turkey lunchmeat even though I was never a fan of sandwiches before. Once I was allowed to eat solid food, my first meal in the hospital was a turkey sandwich.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definitely get those yoga pants! They don't look like pajamas at all, it's so important to be comfortable. I lived in nightgowns and comfy pants like that for months.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I think they look exactly like PJs and they're even in the pajama section...lol. But I might. They're some of the cheapest I've found so far, I refuse to pay $50+ for yoga/PJ pants I won't even probably wear for very long!

      Delete
  5. Onto Master Class!

    They sell those bottles on base here...I can price check them for you...I want to say they're $30?
    And those are pants, not pjs. They'll work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those yoga pants look so comfy! Hopefully you won't end up with a csection, but the best pants for me were drawstring scrubs. I could make them loose and off my incision which was a lifesaver.

    I can't wait to find out the baby's name!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't quite imagine getting excited about a water bottle...but I guess that's just me. I'm not exactly amazing at drinking. I did get Angel a thermos for our wedding anniversary last year, so I do know someone who gets excited about expensive things to drink out of.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What's so exciting about those water bottles? I've never heard of them before.

    So, Lululemon is ridiculously expensive but I love my leggings from there more than any other yoga clothes I own. I bet their pants are just as worthwhile, but that's probably not what you're looking for.

    Just a heads up, you will probably not want to wear fitted things like yoga pants in the hospital because 1) swelling and 2) diapers/jumbo pads. I'd recommend getting a pair of joggers instead. They're the kind of sweatpants that gives the mom diaper room to hide, but are also a teeny bit stylish. You could always check out Walmart. They know where it's at for affordable comfort wear.

    You probably know this but I didn't figure it out until way later than I should have. Sleeping with a pillow between your legs makes a huuuuuge difference. But being super pregnant sucks/is beautiful because babies. I hear you. You're almost there! Soon you'll have swollen nethers and chafed nips to complain about. But then, someday, you won't. And it'll be time to start over. You've got this!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Get those pants or wear a dress. You'll want something that is super loose and not tight fitting. You also probably won't care what you wear (or at least I didn't).

    I'm in a music rut too. I need some new music :(

    I love hydro flask! I ask for a new water bottle every Christmas or birthday. I tend to drop mine all the time so they get covered in dents. New ones are just too fun!

    ReplyDelete