Thursday, March 2, 2017

This post was made with love.

+ I mentioned this on Twitter the other day, but it bears repeating here. Is it just me, or do baby onesies that say "Made with Love" seem awfully...awkward? It's along the same vein as people who announce their pregnancies with a photo of themselves holding a positive pregnancy test while sitting on their bed. Like...we know how you got pregnant and we know how that baby was made. Thanks.

+ I don't know how I didn't realize this until last night, but Netflix has actually added seasons two AND three of The Great British Baking Show. Commence the binging.

+ Target is a butthole. Sometime in the last few months they've apparently decided they aren't going to ship anything smaller/cheaper than furniture to Sitka. I don't have official proof of this, but the fact that I was able to order a crib and dresser but not a few maternity tanks and t-shirts without getting a "cart error" (that NOBODY there can seem to figure out) is highly suspicious. I also tested this theory by removing the clothing items and replacing them with food and toiletry items. Same error. Also suspicious is the fact that both my coworker and a random post office worker have both said they've been having the exact same issue since around Thanksgiving time.

+ Pet peeve: Sending a message to an Etsy seller about a custom order, and not hearing anything back. It's been three days and still no response. Maybe I'm overly anal about customer service, but if you own a small business, you need to make sure you're checking and replying to emails at least once a day.

+ Speaking of Etsy, I ordered a small plant (heartleaf philodendron) from a seller on there recently and it arrived yesterday. I had to pick it up at the post office, and printed on a giant green sticker across the top of the box were the words "LIVE PLANTS". Considering that marijuana is legal in Alaska, I wonder what the post office lady thinks of me now. I almost said "It's not a pot plant, I swear," but I wondered if that would look like protesting too much.

+ In music news, have you heard this Coldplay + Chainsmokers collaboration? Catchy, sweet, and two of my favorite bands. I'm obsessed and also so VERY tempted to preorder the vinyl album this song will be on.






11 comments:

  1. I don't think I've seen a Made With Love onesie, but that's so awkward. It's almost worst than "Daddy's Little MVP" and "Mommy's Princess Cupcake Angel Sweetheart." You know.

    If you ever really want something from target, I will gladly buy it and ship it to you!

    I have the same customer service pet peeves! I ordered some bows on Etsy a MONTH ago and they still have not shipped.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, I never thought about the bed/pregnancy test pictures that way before, haha! But yes, now that you mention it, "made with love" is very awkward! The "live plant" section made me laugh, as someone who also lives in a state where pot is legal too. Ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That onesie is the funniest! I could see myself thoughtlessly putting it on my child and not realizing the full meaning until I've posted a pic on social media.

    I'm definitely checking out that baking show tomorrow! I will be drooling the whole time.

    I'm gonna check out that song tonight (I'm currently at work and have to keep my internet induced procrastination on the DL)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, it didn't even hit me until yesterday that that particular phrase sounds a little odd when referring to a baby!

      DO IT! I can't wait to hear what you think of it!

      Such a good song. I can't quit playing it and I'm afraid I'm going to burn out on it!

      Delete
  4. Haha I do my best to avoid onesies with sayings on them, but of course that isn't always easy but I totally understand what you are saying. It's awkward.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Truth, especially when they're gifts! I can only imagine how many "I love Grandma" onesies we're going to get from a certain mother in law of mine, haha.

      Delete
    2. Hahaha!!! My MIL apparently just bought E a bunch of clothes, can't wait to see what gems she picked out.

      Delete
  5. I didn't even really know you could mail live plants...
    Bad customer service is something that really irritates me, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I never really thought about the "couple sitting on the bed" announcement. No one needs that visual!

    I was excited to have two seasons of Great British Baking Show on reserve for late night wake-ups and sitting with a baby attached to me. But I finished season two this morning. Oops.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is too funny. I don't think I've ever seen a "made with love" onesie! But I've seen "Made in X State" and I personally think those are cute. You might disagree ;) I have never thought about someone sitting on their bed for a pregnancy announcement as being awkward before, but now I totally will! You are right. Yes I was SO excited to see seasons 2 AND 3 of the baking show! I have a hot date with Netflix tonight and I'm very excited.

    ReplyDelete