Friday, April 21, 2017

I don't want to write about...

Pregnancy/baby stuff. There's nothing I can say that hasn't already been said by a million women before me, and there's nothing new to report, anyway. Plus, people are super judgy about everything under the gosh darn sun and I'm over it. 9 weeks left, and please pass me a stiff drink the Tums.

All my pet peeves. I was actually on the verge of writing a pet peeves/confessions-style post this week after seeing a few done by other people, but I just don't have the energy to write about everything annoying me right now. Also, I eat up those posts when other people write them but somehow I always come across as super bitchy (even when I'm just trying to be funny).

My job. I have exactly seven weeks until I'm out of there, and while they say you're supposed to keep your stress levels as low as possible during pregnancy, I wouldn't be surprised if that place sends me into early labor.

My husband's job. Not that I can really talk about it much anyway, considering he's a police officer, but it really ruffles my feathers that we have literally had to order a security camera for the front door of our house due to some of the drug dealing scumbags he's been dealing with lately. 

My newly rekindled non-hatred (love is too strong of a word) of meal planning. I could link a bunch of recipes I've used lately, but does anyone really get excited and turn around and make the same recipes themselves? I doubt it. I never do when other people talk about what they've been cooking. Besides, this isn't a food blog.

The books I've been reading. Most of them are pregnancy/childbirth/breastfeeding/sleep training related, and nobody cares.

So...that explains the 2+ week gap in between this and my last blog post. Maybe soon I'll think of something I do want to write about.

10 comments:

  1. Ugh! I hate that you have to be extra secure at your own home! That is so frustrating. Hugs friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Part of small town life I guess...it takes no effort to find out where someone lives.

      Delete
  2. haha. Girl! Write about what you want to write about- even if you think it's already been written too many times or you think someone will take it the wrong way! True blog friends will care about what you have to say :D
    Besides, it will be fun to one day look back at your blog and know what you were thinking/liking/doing at the time of the post!
    But I understand. I haven't had any good writing topics lately or the proper words to explain what little I do want to write about!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I second Joellen! This coming from the girl who had a teenage-level meltdown in blog form today.

    I want to hear the recipes! I'm always looking for new ones.

    Dude, that is terrifying that you've had to order security cameras due to his job. I'm so sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's scary about your husband's job...how do those scumbags find out where a police officer lives???

    ReplyDelete
  5. I actually do end up getting a lot of new recipes from other bloggers! We just ate one last night in fact. I'm sorry you hate your job so much. Is there a reason you don't just quit sooner? I really haven't experienced people being super opinionated about my pregnancies. Sounds like you have a lot of people who need to mind their own business! That's probably really annoying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I worry that some of the things I think are funny when I write them come off as bitchy as well.

    That's scary that you had to put up a security camera.

    Also..Only nine more weeks?! Getting so close!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I always get recipe ideas from blogs so share away!
    I'm meal-planning and it's raining here so I'm baking and prepping this weekend.

    I feel like people don't understand how hard it is to be married to someone in a helping profession...YOUR needs are usually last and safety is always an issue.

    Pet peeves make us feel less alone. People who hate the same things can usually be friends :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You do you! I like recipes sometimes.

    What I really want is to see is a bunch of nursery pictures. And a picture of your jumbo belly. Give us an update! Tell me, do you have cankles?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have been stuck in the worst writers block lately. The WORST. I have been writing a pet peeves post in my head because there's always at least one thing annoying me. ;)

    Write those baby and pregnancy posts! Share nursery pictures! It's your blog so you should put what you'll want to read in years to come. Says the person who doesn't want to write about her child too much and annoy people.

    ReplyDelete