Tuesday, February 7, 2017

Things I like

This recipe for zuppa toscana (soup) is delicious. I made it in the Instant Pot, as the recipe suggests, but you could totally do it on the stove top. Just saute the onion, brown the sausage, add the rest of the ingredients and simmer until the potatoes are tender, then proceed with the rest of the recipe. I would recommend buying spicy ground pork sausage. It adds a little extra needed flavor. I also used spinach instead of kale. I like kale, but oftentimes it doesn't wilt enough and I don't like crunchy greens in soup.

I apologize in advance for linking to this recipe for a giant, single-serve peanut butter cookie. I only made it once a few weeks ago, but I've been dreaming about it ever since. The only reason I haven't made another one is because the only thing that freaks me out more than diastasis recti is gestational diabetes.

This trailer for the new Beauty and the Beast hits me right in my core. Right at about minute 1:50 when the orchestra fully kicks in with the theme song...oh my goodness. I have not been this excited for a movie in a long time. Come on,  March 17th!

If you need a laugh, this YouTube video of a dog who can't catch food had me crying I was laughing so hard.

If you have a Keurig, these coffee pods are delicious, specifically the Fog Chaser version. They're also some of the most inexpensive I've found. You get 80 pods for $29, which works out to about 36 cents per pod. I don't know if you'll find a better deal on Starbucks or Tully's brands at Costco or Walmart or something, but since we don't have access to any of those stores, this is the best deal we've found for the best tasting coffee.

I've tried not to buy too many maternity clothes yet, considering I can still fit in most of my pre-pregnancy shirts without too much trouble, but sometimes you just need something new to make you feel cute while your waistline is expanding and you're feeling less svelte by the day. This sweater from ASOS is technically a maternity sweater, but it doesn't look like it. There's no ruching on the sides and it's not tent-like either, so it will totally be wearable post-baby. They only have one size left, but if you happen to wear a size 8, I recommend snagging one of these. You can't beat fifteen bucks for a cute sweater with suede elbow patches.

Update: It JUST went out of stock. Sad face. Keep an eye on it, though, if it comes back you should grab one.

Please note that none of these links are sponsored - I don't play like that. They're just things I like, therefore you probably need to know about them.

8 comments:

  1. The trailer for Beauty and the Beast is pure gold! Oh my I can't wait for it to come out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really, really excited for Beauty and the Beast! That's a top priority movie to see this year, for sure! Also, Pirates of the Caribbean, but I know that's probably a much lower priority for non-Pirates obsessed people.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beauty and the Beast looks SO GOOD. I can't wait to see it. I can't imagine James will want to see it so I'll probably have to wait until I can rent it. But it looks amazing.

    I'll be making that cookie immediately.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey look at your cute blog design! I like it! I feel really left out, especially after reading the other comments. I have no idea what this Beauty and the Beast thing is! At least the rock I've been under has been comfy ;) I hardly bought any maternity clothes with R, and I'm hoping to continue that trend. The maternity (Liz Lang brand) tank tops at Target are my absolute favorite. They are long and soft and I wear them with almost literally everything even after having a baby.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the new header!
    Will the coffee pods fit into a newish Keurig? The newer the model the less likely generic pods will work. Is the Fog Chaser a darker roast? (that's what I envision)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh I need to make that soup! And that video is hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  7. FYI H&M basic tees are GREAT maternity shirts. Or at least they were a few years ago. Just buy 1-2 sizes up and then you have a great post-partum shirt too! WIN!

    Your new blog look is great! Someday I'll get back in the blogging world. Someday....

    I can't wait for Beauty and the Beast! I just wish Ellie wasn't too young for it. It'll probably scare her half to death. We'll just stick to Pixar movies for now.

    ReplyDelete