Friday, February 17, 2017

Mountain pillows are gender neutral but this baby is not.


A week and a half or so ago, I posted a photo on Instagram saying I was celebrating being halfway done with this pregnancy by working on hand sewing a mountain pillow for the baby's room, while simultaneously wondering if it might take me the last 20 weeks to actually finish it. The other tidbit I haven't shared until now is that a few days later, we had our anatomy scan at the hospital, and we made it very clear that we did, in fact, want to know the sex of the baby.

I am happy to report that not only did it NOT take me another five months to finish that pillow, this kid also cooperated really well during the ultrasound (the one and only time you want your child to be a public exhibitionist) and we were able to find out if he or she is a he or she!

So, I would like to officially announce that we are having a GIRL!!!




We did politely ask the ultrasound tech (who has been in the business for 31 years and made it clear she is not often wrong) how sure she was, and while I can't remember her exact words, the gist of her response was, "Well, you can never be 100% positive until they're born, but that'd be a funny looking boy if it's not a girl." I lol'ed.

On a related note, baby girl clothes are quite possibly the cutest thing in the entire world and it's taking all my self control not to buy certain items in multiple sizes just so she (she!) can wear the same outfits for longer than 3.6 seconds.

I mean, just look at these... 

11 comments:

  1. I LOVE EVERY SINGLE THING IN THAT PICTURE. And the fact that you're having a girl! And the mountain pillow! Your kid is going to be so cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am SO SO SO excited for you! There really is nothing like having a little girl. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! We're pretty excited about it, too!

      Delete
  3. That is so exciting!!! Congrats 😍
    I love everything in that picture too. Can't wait to see more nursery/baby things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I can't wait to show more of the baby's room, when it starts actually looking like a room...that corner of the crib is the most finished, haha.

      Delete
  4. Woo for a girl! That is so exciting. Girl clothes ARE so completely adorable. I can't even handle it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That pillow is so great! I'm also so excited about baby girl!!! Did the tech not show you the girl bits? I was surprised how much easier it was for me to tell it was a girl than it was to tell a boy. For Parker we just saw some vague blur, but with Molly it was definitely female bits.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A GIRL! I'm so excited for you!! :) Also, love the mountain pillow! Our tech said something similar when we found out we were having a boy; "I'm not supposed to say 100%, but it's pretty clear that's a boy" (and it was to us, too!)


    Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay!! I'm so happy for you!!! The amount of clothes I collected for AB was outrageous but I couldn't help it. Girl clothes are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am SO excited for you guys!! Girls are so much fun and the clothes are so much fun to shop for. Hooray!!

    I also love your mountain pillow. Do you have any names picked out? Or are you keeping them secret??

    ReplyDelete
  9. Baby girl clothes really ARE the best. Congrats!!!!

    ReplyDelete